NOTICE OF SALE OF SURPLUS PERSONAL PROPERTY
October 29, 2020
Four Way Special Utility District (FWSUD) offers for sale a 2014, Chevrolet,
1/2 ton, pickup truck, found by its Directors to be surplus property.
FWSUD will accept sealed bids for the purchase of the properties.
Sealed bids must be submitted to and received by the office of FWSUD, ATTN:
Mr. Tommy Carswell, Manager, 411 N. Main St., Huntington, Texas, 75949, on
or before 10:00 a.m. Monday, November 16, 2020.
ANY BID RECEIVED AFTER THE DATE SPECIFIED WILL NOT BE
OPENED OR CONSIDERED.
Bids must include the following information:
• The amount of your bid;
• Bidder's name and return address prominently displayed on the bid
• All bids must be marked clearly on the outside of each envelope:
Sealed Purchase Bid, 2014 Chevrolet Pickup;
• FWSUD and its Board reserve the right to waive any informality and to accept
the bid which, in its sole and exclusive opinion, is most advantageous
• FWSUD and its Board reserve the right to reject any or all bids, to
remove the property from bidding, or to discontinue its efforts to sell
the property or to complete the sale for any reason at any time prior to
the actual execution of a purchase contract with Bidder.
• Bidders are advised that information included in a proposal is subject to the
Texas Public Information Act, Chapter 552 of the Texas Government Code
(the Act). Information is not confidential under the Act simply because the
party submitting the information anticipates or requests that it be kept
confidential. FWSUD, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and attorneys
shall not be liable for any disclosure of any information submitted in a
response to this request for bid. By submitting a proposal, the Bidder waives
any claim against, and releases from liability, FWSUD, its directors, officers,
employees, agents, and attorneys with respect to disclosure of any information
included in the proposal.
• By submitting a bid, a Bidder waives and releases any rights he may have,
either now or in the future, to undertake any legal or equitable action against
FWSUD, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and attorneys, for any
failure of FWSUD, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and attorneys, to
properly advertise or notice the sale of the Property, or to properly conduct the
sale of this Property, and hereby covenants not to sue FWSUD, its directors,
officers, employees, agents, and attorneys, in connection with the
advertisement, notice of the sale, or the sale of this Property.
• All costs incurred in preparing the bid, or costs incurred in any other manner
by a Bidder in responding to this notice, will be wholly the responsibility of the
Bidder. All materials, supporting materials, correspondence and documents
submitted in response to this notice will become the property of FWSUD and
will not be returned.
• FWSUD DOES NOT and Will NOT hold harmless or indemnify any Bidder
for any liability whatsoever.
Terms of Sale
• Certified check or money order paid by buyer at the date of closing.
• Successful bidder must pay all customary fees of a Texas buyer of a motor
vehicle associated with the sale of that specific property on the date of closing.
• FWSUD will convey title by Bill of Sale.
• Buyer will take title to property in its "Present Condition", "As Is", "Where
Is", and "Without Warranty for Any Purpose, Expressed or Implied, except as
to warranty of title".
• No representations can or will be made as to the condition of the property.
• Closing is within 10 days after the date all bids are opened, unless otherwise
• It is the Bidder's responsibility to examine the property to determine if the
property can be used for the purposes desired by Bidder.
FWSUD will receive inquiry emails only at [email protected] or
faxed to 936-876-4012, ATTN: FWSUD Manager, 411 N. Main St.,
Huntington, Texas, 75949.
BIDS MAY BE MAILED OR PERSONALLY DELIVERED.
BIDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY EMAIL.
Any interested party can request to view the property or seek additional information
concerning the property and bidding process by contacting Mr. Tommy Carswell,
Manager, located at 411 N. Main St., Huntington, Texas, 75949, telephone number